Our next congregational meeting will be held on February 11, 2017 at 9:30am. For the purposes of the minister search process, Emmanuel United Church is also known as the Emmanuel Pastoral Charge . There are five items that will need to be addressed at this meeting.
- Emmanuel Pastoral Charge needs to approve the Joint Needs Assessment report which has been approved by the Official Board. Electronic copies will be distributed before the meeting and paper copies will be available.
- Emmanuel Pastoral Charge needs to request that Waterloo Presbytery declare a vacancy for a paid accountable ministry position.
- Emmanuel Pastoral Charge needs to request that Waterloo Presbytery to appoint a Joint Search Committee.
- Emmanuel Pastoral Charge needs to elect a Joint Search Committee.
- Emmanuel Pastoral Charge needs to request Waterloo Presbytery disband the Joint Needs Assessment Committee.
The Official Board empowered a committee of three people to gather names for the search committee: Amanda Broderick, Arthur Hills and Neal Moogk-Soulis. The committee will prepare a slate of people to be elected by the congregation for this committee. Everyone who is interested in becoming a member of the Joint Search Committee need to submit their name to Amanda Broderick. The committee will develop a slate of members that reflect the diversity of our congregation. If you would like to nominate someone to the committee, rather than volunteer yourself, you can do so by contacting Amanda and a member of the search committee will contact them to see if they are interested in serving on the search committee.
- Feb 12: Distribution of Annual Report – and Lindsay Klassen from House of Friendship speaking during worship about Vera’s Place
- Feb 19: Meeting in Hearth Room following worship to discuss any questions arising from the report
- Feb 26: Business meeting during worship time